DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
At the center of DRW real-time operations is a development team responsible for the firm’s trade and instrument reporting systems. The Trading Infrastructure empowers the front, middle, and back offices with the tools and resources necessary to seamlessly integrate into trade operations, risk management, and reconciliation processes. The Trading Infrastructure team is looking for application software developers who can help with our broad set of challenges. We work from high-level requirements where programmers are expected to gain an intimate understanding of the business. We strive for an environment where developers have the autonomy to pursue business solutions without arbitrary management constraints. We are a group of polyglots and technologists always seeking to find the right tool for each problem. Broadly, the development teams at DRW believe in rapid deployment and feedback, automated testing, and cohesive, transparent, lightly-coupled service architectures.
- Strong ability to work with people and their ideas, and then design, engineer, and deliver those ideas as well-built products
- Strong software engineering background
- Experience or interest in browser performance optimization
- Strong API design and data modeling skills
- User-interface design skills and an appreciation for visual direction and design systems
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with modern front-end build systems
- Familiarity with contributing to/maintaining NPM modules
- Experience or interest in finance
- Experience with Node.js
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.