DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Treasury Analyst, you’ll liaise with both internal and external teams (trading desks, counterparties, exchanges, prime brokers) to perform research and analysis on a variety of trading-related matters, including cash management, clearance and settlements. You’ll work with different types of securities financing, including prime brokerage, swap, tri-party, stock loan, and repo. You’ll also help develop new tools and processes to support a wide variety of existing and new businesses.
What you’ll be working on:
- Securing different types of securities financing, including prime brokerage, swap, tri-party, stock loan, and repo
- Generating reports for partners, traders and other support areas
- Assisting in the analysis and development of new trading ideas and new trading desks
- Performing liquidity reserve maintenance, investment, and reporting
- Managing relationships with trading desks, counterparties, exchanges, and prime brokers
- Work directly with trading desks to understand and implement posting and clearance of new trading strategies
- Identifying process improvements, defining functional requirements for systems, and implementing change
- Manage and optimize financing execution across variety of asset classes
- Optimize our trading books across diverse set of clearing and financing relationships within the scarce resource constraints of our providers
- Developing and managing stock loan relationships; helping to source inventory and identify new financing solutions
- Designing new tools and optimizing equity positions to gain efficiencies and capitalize on new market opportunities (and to make most educated trading decisions)
- Work with counterparties to source hard to borrow names
What’s needed in this role:
- 3+ years of treasury management and analysis experience
- Must have experience in financial markets industry
- Previous equity finance experience a plus
- Experience in secured funding markets a plus (repo/sec lending)
- Familiarity with a variety of financial products
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent analytical skills, strong attention to detail and exceptional follow-through
- Strong project management skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Previous data analysis experience
- SQL or VBA experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.