DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
- Operational support of several of the firm’s Fixed Income Trading desks specifically and all OTC products generally
- Trade capture for all products related to the desks’ activity: futures/futures options, bonds, repos, interest rate swaps/swaptions, exotic derivatives, FX, and fixed income-related equities and equity options
- Trade and position reconciliation with the firm’s clearers and prime brokers
- Daily P&L calculation and substantiation
- Mastery of the firm’s proprietary trade capture, inventory management, treasury management, and risk management systems necessary to support the desk’s activity
- Act as process super-user for current functionality and provide critical support and advice regarding needed enhancements to technology, workflows, and processes
- Mastery of traders’ individual risk management tools and support of related traders’ needs
- Upgrading and support of traders’ tools to take advantage of technologies and tools that are firm standard
- Interfacing with technology in solicitation of improvement to the firm’s tools and technology where they fall short of meeting the desk’s needs
- Adoption, integration, and promotion of new technology as it becomes available
- 1-3 years of experience in front office, middle office, back office, or risk management roles working with exchange-traded and over-the-counter fixed income products and derivatives
- Experience with interest rate swaps is required
- Experience with repo/bonds: treasuries – required (supra’s, corporates, and/or agencies types is preferred)
- Experience with futures, futures options, equities, and FX is facilitative
- Substantial prior interaction with the Front Office and senior management in an active trading environment
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or another quantitative field or material equivalent exposure
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, analyze problems and synthesize and implement solutions thereto
- Strong background in MS Excel required, with experience in Power Query preferred
- Previous experience with MS Access, SQL, and VB/VBA is highly preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency using fixed income industry software is advantageous (Bloomberg SEF, BBFit, TradeWeb etc)
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.