DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Trading Analyst, you will have an opportunity to combine the disciplines of rigorous data analysis, research, and technology to support the trading activities of a discretionary macro trading desk with a specialization in precious and platinum group metals. You will work closely with and learn directly from experienced traders and software engineers. You will gain exposure to the precious metals asset class through hands on trading and data analysis. Individual discovery and collaboration with fellow team members are encouraged to develop your understanding of market behavior.
- Collaborate with senior traders and provide trading support analysis on a fast growing desk
- Perform daily trade capture and position management for the desk’s trading activity
- Perform daily risk tracking and monitoring and produce weekly risk reports for the desk
- Perform daily and monthly P&L calculation and substantiation
- Utilize firm’s proprietary trade capture and risk management systems necessary to support the desk’s activity
- Contribute to all other aspects of trading activities including: position reconciliation, risk management tasks, data analysis, identifying opportunities, research, and post trade analysis
- Stay current with changes in system functionality, market structure changes, and industry developments
Required Experience & Skills:
- 1-2 years of work experience providing trading analysis support
- Strong Bloomberg and MS Excel skills
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, computer science or related field
- Advanced quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to deploy those skills during time-sensitive situations
- Are adaptive, self-motivated, enjoy challenges and significant responsibility, and thrive in fast-paced, competitive environments
- The ability to communicate effectively and work well in teams
- Attention to detail and precision in the execution of a task
- Familiarity programming in Python is a bonus
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.