DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are currently looking for a talented Accounts Payable professional to join our Accounting & Finance team in our Montreal office.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Log invoices received by email, fax or regular post in internal tool
- Work closely with purchasing and other internal teams to resolve any questions or issues related to the invoice processing
- Process invoices into accounting system and /or through purchasing system
- Analyze information related to invoice processing through various systems.
- Create new supplier records in MS Dynamics Great Plains accounting system
- Issue payments by cheque, wire or ACH
- Perform other tasks related to 5-day close of accounts payables cycle
- Prepare monthly journal entries for various accruals and other general journal entries as needed
- Perform complex allocations
- Utilize Concur (travel & expense system) to process expense reports when needed
- Respond to various queries from other departments
- Prepare ad hoc reports
- File documents as needed
What’s needed in this role:
- Strong Accounting knowledge and Accounts Payable experience
- Experience creating journal entries preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are critical
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Fast learner with strong sense of responsibility
- Proven ability to handle deadlines, pressure in a constantly evolving environment
- Must have high level of enthusiasm and initiative and strong follow through
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both French and English required
- Previous experience working with MS Dynamics Great Plains strongly preferred
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.