DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As an Operations Specialist, you’ll have the opportunity to combine your passion for technology with your analytical aptitude to create, manage, improve and support operational processes that impact trading activities across the firm. You will gain expertise in and support various products, including futures, equities, swaps, bonds, FX, physical energy, and cryptoassets.
- Trade, position and valuation reconciliation with the firm’s clearing houses and brokers.
- Daily P&L calculation and substantiation and ad hoc analysis
- Gain mastery of the firm’s proprietary trade capture, trade management processes, and available reporting tools to continually improve our ability analyze and support internal customers
- Gain strong understanding of operational front-to-back processes, working to improve overall effectiveness of support throughout the firm
- Use SQL, VBA, and/or Power Query tocreate and enhance various tools used in operational processes to increase efficiency of workflows
- Adopt, integrate, and promote new technology as it becomes available
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in front office, middle office, back office or risk management roles working with exchange-traded and over-the-counter products and derivatives
- Previous experience supporting one or more of the following products: equities, fixed income, currencies or commodities; expertise in European instruments preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or another quantitative field, or material equivalent exposure
- Experience using a variety of proprietary and third-party software
- Ability to create and support intuitive spreadsheets used by a variety of users
- Strong technical expertise, including use of SQL and VBA; advanced use of MS Excel, with experience in Power Query preferred
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate to a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, balancing multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and synthesize and implement solutions
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.