DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Trading Systems Engineer supporting our QA & Development environments, you will provide mission critical support for our core proprietary trading systems. You will manage a wide variety of technical support and engineering functions, including application support in testing and development environments, software deployment, and configuration and system monitoring. It’s a fast-paced, dynamic environment that provides new technical challenges constantly and demands that you learn new things daily.
- Manage all system processes running in development, QA, mirror, and UAT environments, including monitoring, start/stop schedules and error log monitoring
- Configuration management for all environments
- Balance server and core process usage to optimized use of available resources and work with IT teams to add more systems as necessary
- Set up new environments or applications for various groups as needed
- Support developers, QA, and other company groups using test systems; troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise
- Work with DB admins and developers to understand and manage changes in databases between development and QA database instances, ensuring that they are in line with production systems
- Manage deployment process to development and QA systems and coordinate with production support team on upcoming deployments to production
- Assist with production support operations when necessary
- Manage exchange cert/test environment connectivity and IDs, working with exchanges when necessary to troubleshoot issues
- Support and continue development of web-based interface for running all test system processes, written in Python using Django
- Develop additional code and scripts to improve process of running processes, monitoring, configuration, etc.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience supporting, monitoring and troubleshooting high performance applications
- 3+ years of prior experience working with FIX protocol and alternative exchange protocols
- 5+ years of SQL experience including queries/updates/table creation/basic database maintenance
- 5+ years of experience in Linux & Windows platform support
- 5+ years of experience supporting electronic trading systems; prior experience at proprietary trading firm preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of network communications, including use of multicast networking
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity; desire to continually self-improve and seek continual improvements in production support function
- High level of ownership and accountability, reliability, and strong follow through
- Ability to handle pressure and time constraints with composure
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to effectively plan and prioritize
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.