DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
The IT Support Technician provides technology support for all users across the firm. You will work with a wide range of the best technology available - - and you will get to test, configure and deploy it all in an environment that continually challenges you and demands that you learn new things daily. The pace is fast and we obsess about leaving no stone unturned when there is a problem to be solved. We believe in healthy debate, creative and collaborative problem solving and active knowledge sharing. You will need strong technical aptitude and a passion for technology, but initiative, strong analytics and drive are equally important for success in this role.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting desktop challenges ranging from complexity Level-1 to Level-3 in a latency sensitive business.
- Provisioning Linux, Windows and Mac OS systems with full involvement in the life cycle of our deployment infrastructure and corporate standards.
- Provisioning technology resources for users: mobile devices, computers, desktop phones and telepresence devices, among others.
- Administering core infrastructure resources: Active Directory, Virtualization, DNS, DHCP, networks, cloud systems (e.g. Microsoft Office 365 and Azure) among others.
- Monitoring and escalating critical incidents while keeping business units up to date.
- Understanding all pieces of our infrastructure and use them to build innovative solutions
- Overseeing a large workstation fleet and manage it as a unit
- Looking for ways to continuously improve our infrastructure and processes through automation and scripting.
- Reviewing and refining documentation about processes and procedures.
You'll feel right at home if you:
- Were born to provide customer service
- Love troubleshooting and getting to the core of a problem
- Take risk and security very seriously
- Thrive on innovation and your natural creative process
- Embrace change and love growing
What we're looking
- Solid technical foundation with ability to systematically troubleshoot a problem and get to the core of it.
- Previous technical support experience, ideally 4+ years supporting systems and networks in a corporate environment
- Proven track record of excellent customer service
- Strong experience supporting systems running Windows 10/Ubuntu 16.04/Mac OS 10.14/Windows Server 2016 and higher
- Previous experience with SCCM and Ansible
- Proven skills scripting and automating repetitive tasks
- Passionate about technology, serious about security
- Highly motivated, self-starter who is eager to grow within our organization
- Availability to work on a rotational OnCall schedule and occasionally on weekends
Nice to have
- Experience with Microsoft PowerShell
- Experience with ESX vCenter environments and containers
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 environments
- Experience with Rundeck
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.