DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are looking for a motivated Senior DevOps Engineer to join the Development Engineering Shared-Services team.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Contribute to the design and evolution of our service offerings to multi-office teams who support all manner of trading and backoffice functions
- Build, test, release, and support internal applications
- Help guide our team's services and tools toward a more cloud-centric approach
- Contribute to standup meetings, demos, "lightning talks", etc.
- Provide leadership and direction to junior members of the team
- Identify and automate repetitive manual tasks
- Help the team support CodePlatoon.org as we jump-start grads in IT careers via 3-month internships with DRW
What we're looking for:
- Significant software development experience
- At least 5 years of UNIX systems administration experience
- Proven ability to diagnose/fix bugs in software written in a range of languages
- Familiarity with git/github or other version control software
- Experience coding to automate system-level deployment tasks using developing/deploying/supporting frontend/backend web applications interpreted languages (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Ansible, Vault, Docker, Harbor, and Rancher
- Experience with AWS: S3, Lambda, CloudFront, SQS among others
- Demonstrated drive to improve workflows and make things better
- Experience coding to automate system-level deployment tasks using interpreted languages (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Ability to rely on logical reasoning process to troubleshoot complex problems
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well on a team as well as independently
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with Sonatype Nexus
- Familiarity with Conda
- Experience developing/deploying/supporting frontend/backend web applications
- Familiarity with automated build/integration processes using services like TeamCity
- Ability to dig into any code-base to diagnose and fix problems
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.