DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Systems Engineer on our Research Infrastructure team, you will work closely with software developers building proprietary apps running in this environment. You will monitor the health and utilization of the environment to detect and prevent problems, ensure high availability for users, and plan future growth to meet needs. There will be system administration and support responsibilities in addition to all of the responsibilities around helping software teams improve their efficiency in deploying custom trading tools to traders.
You’ll be right at home if you:
- Have experience managing cloud platforms like AWS and Azure
- Are passionate about automating enterprise configuration management and deployment infrastructures (version control of configuration, environment-based deployments, migrations, etc.) using tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or Salt
- Are experienced in system administration of clusters of homogenous machines
- Have experience managing servers
- Excellent understanding of Ubuntu/Debian based systems
- Know your way around multiple scripting languages like Python and Ruby
- Have experience compiling open source applications like Redis, Python, Ruby, etc., including reading and modifying Makefiles
- Are familiar with container and orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.