DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 1,100 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It is a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are looking for an outstanding Software Engineer with diverse skills to join our Risk Development team to develop and maintain front-end applications and tools used to administer and govern trading desks’ adherence to risk parameters and limits. While previous experience working the in the trading/finance industry is beneficial, we're looking for talented software engineers, not specific industry experience.
- Hands-on development, design, and testing of proprietary applications
- Work on a small team as a self-starter
- Test at the unit, functional, and integration level
- Working on legacy code as well as green field development
- Provide on-call support as needed
- Collaborate with various software, IT, and trading support teams
- Code in multiple languages and across multiple platforms
- Professional experience developing front-end frameworks with React, Vue, or Angular
- Practiced in functional programming and building asynchronous and event-based applications
- Can build Web Components and maintain live component libraries
- Proficient in distributed version control systems
- PostgreSQL, the database and the SQL query language
- Data structures and design/analysis of algorithms
- Strong initiative and a proven track record of independently driving projects to completion
- Interested in software craftsmanship with a desire to learn new programming languages
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong attention to detail
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.