DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our FICC Options trading team. In this role, you’ll be working closely with traders and developers to build out our trading platform.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Work with a small team to design, develop and test proprietary automated trading software that will be used across the entire FICC Options team
- Write performance-sensitive code
- Work on complex latency sensitive algorithmic trading systems, which are constantly adapting to changing market environments
- Work on all facets of the systems, including messaging, data management, and trading logic
- Work directly with traders and researchers to add new features and improve systems
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or any related Engineering discipline from a top university
- At least 1 year of professional experience developing complex distributed systems, ideally in trading/finance or a similarly challenge field
- Excellent software development skills in Python
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- A demonstrated interest in keeping up with new developments in programming languages
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.