DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our Systems and Mobile Platforms team is the front line of support for all users across the firm. We work with a wide range of the best technology available - - and we get to test, configure and deploy it all in an environment that continually challenges us and demands that we learn new things daily. The pace is fast but we also obsess about leaving no stone unturned when there is a problem to be solved. We believe in healthy debate, creative and collaborative problem solving and active knowledge sharing. Strong technical aptitude and a passion for technology are critical for success in the Desktop Systems Engineer role but initiative, strong analytics and drive are equally important.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing end user support to employees in Chicago corporate office and exchange floors
- Building, configuring and upgrading workstations, laptops and mobile devices
- Troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrades of desktop managed servers
- Executing user desk moves, adds and changes
- User provisioning (user accounts, mobile devices, VPN, directory permissions)
- Providing support for conference room technologies
- Providing support for telecommunications technologies
- Automation of repetitive system administration tasks
- Evaluating and recommending new hardware and software technologies or solutions
- Documenting support processes
What we’re looking for in this role:
- Previous technical support experience, ideally 1+ years supporting desktops, mobile devices and networks in a corporate or consulting environment
- Strong experience supporting Windows 7 and higher
- Previous experience supporting Microsoft Office
- Proven track record of excellent customer service
- Passionate about technology
- Highly motivated, self-starter who is eager to grow within our organization
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Previous mobile device management experience
Nice to have:
- Previous Mac OS or Linux support experience
- Previous Windows Server and Active Directory support experience
- Scripting or low level programming experience
- SCCM/SMS and MDT experience
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.