DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Quantitative Trader, you will have an opportunity to combine the disciplines of risk management, research and technology to operate trading strategies across multiple asset classes. You will work closely with experienced traders, software engineers and quantitative researchers to ensure optimal system performance. Note: The working hours are 12am-9am, Monday-Friday.
- Operate automated, latency sensitive trading systems
- Monitor the systems’ executions and open positions
- Adjust system parameters based on market conditions
- Manually trade to reduce risk when necessary
- Suggest automation and improvements to the systems
- Communicate relevant news, market events, and system behavior to team members
- Contribute to all aspects of the trading desk activities including: position reconciliation, risk management tasks, and post trade analysis
- Generate feedback on trading system performance by examining system logs and market data for executions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Computational Finance (or equivalent)
- Trading or TA experience preferred
- Ability to understand and reason about complex distributed trading systems
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use sound judgment under pressure
- Must be motivated, dependable, and responsible
- Ability to work from 12am-9am
Nice to haves:
- Series 57 license
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python or C++
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.