DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is looking for a motivated Conda DevOps Engineer to join the Development Engineering Services team. The role will involve authoring and updating conda recipes and building conda packages and developing tools and automation around those recipes. Conda is an open source package and environment management system for installing multiple versions of software packages and their dependencies and switching easily between them. It works on Linux, macOS and Windows, and supports several languages, with a general focus on data science, and strong current support for Python and R.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Be a key member of the Development Engineering Services team making impactful changes that the large conda development ecosystem benefits from every day
- Attend daily standup meetings, conduct demos, etc.
- Create and update advanced conda recipes used to build conda packages
- Build, test and release conda packages
- Identify repetitive manual tasks and find solutions to automate them
You’ll be right at home if you have:
- 5 plus years of development experience
- Experience with Conda
- Experience coding in Python or some shell scripting (e.g. bash) to automate rote system-level tasks
- Working knowledge of linux
- Able to fix bugs in software written in a range of languages and contribute fixes to the upstream projects
- Familiarity with git or other version control software
- Persistent drive to improve workflows and make things better
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Asking questions, sharing information, and understanding the "why" for your work and our team's work
- Able to work well on a team as well as independently
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in C
- Familiarity with compilers like gcc, clang, Makefiles, CMake and Autotools.
- Familiarity with continuous integration services like TeamCity
- Comfortable with building software using CMake, nmake, or similar, able to dig into any build system or code-base to diagnose and fix problems.
- Familiarity with the shared library mechanisms on Linux, and techniques for diagnosing and resolving missing or mismatched libraries.
- Experience building conda recipes and packages
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.