Convexity Properties - a DRW Company is a fully integrated real estate investment firm focused on giving value add properties new purpose. We take the lead role on many projects and partner with development and architecture firms on unique retail, residential, commercial and mixed use properties. Notable projects include the Three Arts Club, Viceroy Chicago, 4 East Elm and The Robey Chicago.
As a Property Accountant, you will have an opportunity to employ your accounting and analysis skills in a fast-paced real estate development environment. You’ll get exposure to working with a wide variety of asset types and real estate projects and your work will expand beyond just traditional accounting duties over time.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Prepare and post journal entries to the general ledger; review periodic reports of general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy and correct errors prior to close of accounting period
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules; analyze the balance sheet and income statement accounts for accuracy
- Prepare and deliver financial statement packages for an assigned portfolio of properties
- Identify, analyze, and explain any variances or unexplained items on the income statement, as well as changes to the balance sheet
- Prepare bank reconciliations and resolve bank reconciliation issues in a timely fashion
- Assist in preparation and calculation of tenant CAM (Common Area Maintenance), tax and insurance estimated monthly billing
- Assist in computation of year-end reconciliations for tenant CAM, tax and insurance prorations
- Manage utility accounts and review invoices for processing
- Handle fixed asset accounting functions and manage depreciation schedules
- Interact with development management team to book and reconcile construction in process activity with monthly draws
- Responsible for the full scope of lease administration services including abstracting and interpreting commercial lease documents (leases, amendments, subleases)
- Review and interpret leases to ensure that all property and tenant information is updated and correct
- Interact with asset management team to resolve tenant-related accounting issues; provide notices to tenants and process receivables
- Assist with annual budgeting for stabilized properties
What you’ll need for this role:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Accounting (preferred)
- Previous experience in real estate accounting
- Previous Yardi experience
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and effectively manage changing priorities
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.