DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments, and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets, and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As an engineer on our Risk Operations team, you will work across a wide variety of asset classes to implement and monitor risk data controls and deliver risk analytics. You will be integral in the interaction between Risk Management, Risk Development, and other central teams. This is an opportunity to play a critical role on a new team by helping to define and implement new processes and procedures.
- Extend and optimize the operational framework used for monitoring and disseminating risk across the firm
- Design and implement new generation risk system to provide a flexible, scalable and component-based risk data infrastructure
- Configure modeling inputs for instrument valuation to translate source information into analytics system format; perform baseline checks of resulting analytics
- Work directly with developers and risk managers to monitor the health and utilization of DRW’s risk systems to proactively detect/resolve data issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve risk system production incidents
- Work closely with subject matter experts from other teams to develop and continuously improve data flow and quality
- Take ownership for data quality, managing processes for verifying, correcting and improving data
- Continuously seek to understand the business and the clients supported
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of experience in a development or operations role in the financial markets industry
- Excellent functional and object-oriented programming skills (using languages such as Elixir, Python, C#)
- Experience working with relational databases (partitioning, indices, best practices, SQL)
- Experience managing data as a service and/or product, especially for quantitatively focused customers
- Familiarity with risk analysis frameworks (MSCI Risk Metrics, SS&C Algorithmics, Barra, Axioma, etc.)
- Familiarity with exchange-traded financial assets, statistics, or financial engineering
- Flexibility to maintain availability of software applications and services by providing on-call support as needed
- Demonstrated high level of ownership and accountability; strong initiative and track record of independently driving projects to completion
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
- Critical thinking; innate problem-solving and debugging skills
- Ability to balance tactical and strategic initiatives and changing priorities
- Ability to handle pressure and time constraints with composure
- Demonstrated rigorous attention to detail in preparing work products
- Motivation to continually expand skillset and improve supported systems
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.