DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are starting a new trading desk and we’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer to bootstrap the effort. In this role, you’ll be expected to design, development and test proprietary trading software. The firm has built up a significant set of tools and technology, which you will have access to. You will be expected to pragmatically focus on business value by leveraging our existing tools and infrastructure wherever possible.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Manage the day to day technology requirements of a DRW trading desk.
- Build out real time trade management and risk analysis algorithms and visualization tools.
- Write performance sensitive code and algorithms.
- Support the trading desk’s research & analysis workflows - utilizing and extending DRW’s in house data analysis infrastructure.
- Work directly with traders, developers and researchers in a tight knit team
You’ll be right at home if you have:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to work directly with your software’s users.
- Leadership skills and a team orientated mentality.
- Experience working in the trading industry developing business critical applications
Required technical experience:
- Java – at least 5 years of full stack experience writing Java servers running on Linux
- Python - 3+ years of professional script development experience
- C/C++ - ability to maintain and integrate native code – e.g. integrating a C++ library into a Java system.
- Web UIs – you should be able to write user interface code to present the majority of our tools to users
- Rust – we use Rust where performance matters. Experience with Rust is not required but is a nice to have.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.