DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
The IT Support Technician provides technology support for all users across the firm. You will work with a wide range of the best technology available - - and you will get to test, configure and deploy it all in an environment that continually challenges you and demands that you learn new things daily. The pace is fast and we obsess about leaving no stone unturned when there is a problem to be solved. We believe in healthy debate, creative and collaborative problem solving and active knowledge sharing. You will need strong technical aptitude and a passion for technology, but initiative, strong analytics and drive are equally important for success in this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing Level 1 / Level 2 end user support to employees in Montreal office
- Building, configuring and upgrading workstations, laptops and mobile devices
- Troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrades of desktop managed servers
- Executing user desk moves, adds and changes
- User provisioning (user accounts, mobile devices, VPN, directory permissions)
- Providing support with conference room technologies
- Providing support with telecommunications technologies
- Seeing the big picture and solving IT infrastructure problems through automation and scripting
- Evaluating and recommending hardware/software solutions
- Documenting support processes
What we’re looking for:
- Previous technical support experience, ideally 2-3+ years supporting desktops and networks in a corporate or consulting environment
- Strong experience supporting systems running Windows 10/Ubuntu 16.04 and higher
- Proven skills scripting in Python and/or Microsoft PowerShell and automating repetitive tasks
- Previous experience supporting SCCM environments
- Proven track record of excellent customer service
- Passionate about technology
- Highly motivated, self-starter who is eager to grow within our organization
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Availability to work on-call (rotation) and occasionally on weekends
Nice to have:
- Previous Mac OS support experience
- Previous Windows Server, Active Directory and VMware support experience
- Previous VoIP phone systems experience
- Networking experience
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.