DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Linux Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Linux for our end-users. You will monitor the health and utilization of the environment to detect and prevent problems, ensure high availability for users, and plan future growth to meet needs. You will be instrumental in helping software teams improve their efficiency in deploying custom tools to traders. This is an opportunity for someone to influence overall systems architecture as well as rapid deployment initiatives, build processes, packaging, monitoring and more. In this role, you will have an opportunity to regularly interact with a number of development groups to gather requirements, make recommendations and implement change.
What you’ll be working on:
- Designing, building and maintaining our Linux server environments
- Configuring, deploying and updating Linux servers
- Actively monitoring the health of our entire Linux server environment; performing day to day troubleshooting
- Application packaging and maintenance of software repositories
- Automating repetitive system administration tasks
- Evaluating and recommending new hardware and software technologies or solutions
- Serving as a liaison between the Unix Services and Software Engineering teams
You will be right at home if you have:
- Extensive Linux support and engineering experience in a high availability corporate environment
- Strong RHEL, Ubuntu or Debian experience
- Scripting and automation experience with one or more of the following: Bash, Python, Ruby
- Experience working with configuration management tools, ideally a system like Puppet
- Solid understanding of general technical concepts like Kerberos, DNS, DHCP, networking
- Trading environment and support experience
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.