DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Cumberland, the cryptoasset arm of DRW, was established in 2014. Today, we are a global leader in crypto assets, uniquely positioned across both traditional asset classes and the crypto asset ecosystem. From our offices in Chicago, London, and Singapore, we specialize in providing 24/7 institutional sized liquidity and operating proprietary strategies in the OTC and electronic environment.
We are looking for a Trader to join our team in our Singapore office as our operation and the industry continue to grow. As a Trader with Cumberland you will be tasked with several aspects of our trading operation with the expectation that the role will evolve over time to meet the needs of the team.
- Two-year commitment to a five-day work week that includes covering the APAC region shift on Saturday and Sunday.
- Provide quotes to and execute trades with OTC counterparties.
- Operate automated trading systems including adjusting strategy parameters.
- Manage the desk’s open positions including manually reducing risk when necessary.
- Suggest automation and improvements to systems and strategies.
- Contribute to all other aspects of trading activities including: position reconciliation, risk management tasks, identifying opportunities, research, and post trade analysis.
- Stay current with changes in system functionality, market structure changes, and industry developments.
- Communicate closely with our globally distributed, multi-disciplinary 24/7 team.
Required Experience & Skills:
- 3+ years of trading experience in any linear asset class.
- 1+ year of programming experience in a professional environment—Python or C++.
- Ability to articulate and troubleshoot trades, strategies, and systems.
- Attention to detail and precision in the execution of a task.
- Knowledge of and passion for crypto assets and blockchain technologies is a bonus.
- Fluency in multiple languages such as Mandarin, Korean, or Japanese is a bonus.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.