DRW is a diversified trading firm that utilizes our own capital and trades at our own risk. We bring sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to solve complex problems in markets around the world and across many asset classes. We are motivated to compete at the highest level and unified by a commitment to operate with respect, curiosity and an open mind.
As a Database Engineer on our Agricultural Trading team, you will sit in our Chicago headquarters and play a critical role across this team’s global growth strategy.
What you will do in this role:
- Govern/manage the data storage and data used for research and analysis by the Agriculture Trading team globally.
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers and Traders to determine appropriate data sources and implement processes to onboard and manage new data sources for analysis to unlock future trading opportunities.
- Evolve data models and table structures to optimally store data used by Agriculture Trading unit
- Design and develop data solutions to help acquire, organize, manage, and control quality of critical Agricultural data to address the needs of a Global Agricultural Trading Strategy.
- Design and Develop data analysis tools to enable Portfolio Managers and Traders to optimize existing trading strategies and more easily formulate new trade ideas.
- Continually monitor data ingestion pipeline and data quality to ensure stability, reliability and quality of the data.
- Work with firmwide DBA’s to ensure optimal performance of Agricultural database.
- Quickly learn the Agriculture Trading business and build sound internal relationships to play an instrumental role in solving complex business problems.
What you will need in this role:
- 5+ years of database engineering experience, working with financial markets data
- Strong knowledge of data modeling and database performance tuning
- Prior experience working with Python, Pandas, R and working with Jupyter Notebooks
- Familiar with various database designs and their tradeoffs (Relational, Columnar, NoSQL, etc.)
- Prior experience developing and using stored procedures
- Prior experience developing REST API endpoints for simplifying data access
- Prior experience developing data quality control processes to detect data gaps or inaccuracies
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of the latest data management technologies and techniques in an effort to optimize the ETL or ELT processes, and optimize computational research
- Strong technical problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks and projects, and efficiently handle the demands of a trading environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and adapt to different work environments.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.