DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
The Onboarding Specialist will shepherd and execute all aspects of the trading counterparty onboarding process, including due diligence activities, communicating status updates internally and externally, answering counterparty questions, and escalating issues internally as needed. You’ll be responsible for providing high touch support to counterparties throughout the entire onboarding lifecycle.
- Perform KYC due diligence and administrative tasks for new and existing DRW institutional counterparties (Private Banks, Asset Managers, Pension Funds, Insurance Companies, etc.)
- Review incoming counterparty documents in accordance with DRW’s KYC / AML policies
- Liaise with counterparties globally and with internal teams to ensure quick turnaround and transparency throughout the entire onboarding process
- Manage timely and accurate execution of counterparty and internal requests
- Conduct background checks and market research to evaluate existing counterparties; gather relevant information and perform research required to vet and qualify new counterparties
- Liaise with Legal and Compliance Department to finalize documentation with counterparties
- Recommend, develop, and implement solutions to support continuous improvement to processes and procedures
- Perform business development-related research and compile data; create presentations and reports to support business development lifecycle
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, Legal Studies, and/or similar discipline
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, preferably working in financial services, compliance, or legal environment
- Ability to effectively analyze counterparty information and documentation to facilitate account opening
- Strong organizational and time management skills; excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle challenging deadlines; high sense of urgency
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and positive team player focused on achieving team success
- Knowledge of financial industry products and trends
- Knowledge of GDPR and general privacy regulations a plus
- Proven relationship management skills
- Foreign language skills a plus (e.g. French, German, Spanish, Mandarin)
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.