Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As an Accounting Intern on our finance and accounting team, you’ll have an opportunity to develop your skills in an aggressive, fast-paced and rapidly growing trading environment. DRW’s internship program exposes students to the dynamic worlds of trading and technology. Our 10-week summer program is packed with responsibility, challenges, problem-solving, excitement, and fun.
How you will make an impact…
- Perform daily General Ledger functions such as cash and trading account reconciliation, booking depreciation, and income and expense accruals
- Perform regulatory compliance calculations
- Work with Fixed Asset ledger
- Assist with preparation and review of monthly financial statements
- Interface directly with Operations to resolve balancing differences
- Analyze and review performance metrics
- Assist Accounts Payable in 5-day payables and accrual close process
- Create ad-hoc reports as needed
What you bring to the team…
- Working toward an Accounting degree (strongly preferred) and have an expected graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022.
- Able to communicate effectively and work well in teams
- Strongly proficient in use of Excel (preferred)
- Knowledgeable in GAAP
- Self-motivated and enjoy challenges and responsibility
- Very detail-oriented and possess strong analytical skills
What to expect during the internship…
- Meaningful projects: You’ll receive a challenging project to complete during your time here. Each project promotes a comprehensive learning experience and provides you with meaningful work experience.
- Community: Throughout the summer, we host a variety of educational, social and team-building activities to foster friendship and camaraderie.
- Mentorship: You’ll build a professional relationship with an experienced mentor in your field. Mentors and mentees meet to discuss goals, challenges and professional development and explore the city together at our mentor outings.
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.