DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As the External Communications Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role in telling the DRW story to the audiences we care about, which include trading counterparties, market structure influencers, candidates and potential real estate and venture capital partners. You’ll pivot from talking to Bloomberg to brainstorming crypto speaking opportunities in Singapore to developing talking points for a complex market issue. You’ll excel in this role if you have strong media instincts, experience providing strategic counsel to senior leaders and enjoy getting to apply your expertise to a number of different projects. The ideal candidate will have some agency experience and also will have managed and mentored a team.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Develop strategic communications plans for all three of DRW’s subsidiaries, including identifying media and speaking opportunities, providing counsel to the business leaders and serving as the spokesperson
- Serve as a senior counselor in telling the DRW story globally, including refining our brand narrative, providing counsel to our social media team and identifying media opportunities
- Lead relationships with key trade associations to ensure alignment of messaging and provide strategic communications insight
- Manage DRW’s relationship with external agencies globally
- Help the firm continue to attract the best candidates by partnering with our Talent team to execute smart marketing initiatives, promote our global offices
- Manage the creation of relevant communications assets, including executive bios, photo library, key messages, fact sheets and brand elements
You’ll be right at home if you have:
- 8+ years of experience in brand marketing, PR or strategic communications – top-tier media relations experience is a must
- Top-notch writing, editing and storytelling skills
- A “client service” mentality to partnering with internal stakeholders
- A curiosity for complex topics, especially in the financial services space
- A high level of comfort moving between projects and pivoting to be opportunistic in how you work
- Experience managing a team, either directly or on a project basis
- Exceptional project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, PR, Communications, Marketing or related field
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.