DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Senior Financial Data Analyst, you will join our Accounting & Finance team and utilize your technical and analytical skills to automate processes and generate new and innovative reporting. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in developing their skills in an aggressive, fast-paced and rapidly growing trading environment.
- Develop and test new reports that further the company’s understanding of key performance indicators and communicate the implications of analysis to finance and non-finance leaders
- Work closely with software and database developers to translate business requirements into technical specifications for financial analysis and reporting solutions
- Maintain existing Python applications
- Utilize technical skillsets to automate processes and enhance reporting
- Prepare and analyze financial reports of performance of firm across many dimensions; prepare firm projections
- Track financial performance against forecasts; report on and analyze operational metrics
- Support business partners with ad hoc requests
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 1-2 college level Computer Science classes taken
- 5+ years of financial analysis and/or reporting experience required
- Background in statistics is a plus
- Must be highly proficient in Excel, VBA, Tableau and Python
- Must have strong knowledge of database concepts and experience writing SQL code and creating advanced SQL queries
- Experience with Python packages including but not limited to Pandas, NumPy, Flask and Matplotlib
- Previous experience in the financial markets industry preferred
- Must be meticulous, detail oriented, organized, and able to multi-task
- Must be able to organize and interpret large amounts of data
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and under tight deadlines
- Must have strong financial and analytical ability
- Must have very strong written and verbal communication
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.