DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a SQL/Python Database Developer, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks including technology selection and recommendation, development of stored procedures, data cleansing, database maintenance, performance tuning, and monitoring of database that are used by a critical trading system. You will also be actively involved in the ongoing enhancement and automation of system processes.
- Design/write SQL stored procedures used for core trading system software
- Develop methodology of maintaining code for production/QZ/dev using Git and process for promoting/deploying code
- Develop python code to perform various database maintenance such as financial security data, database reporting, error checking, etc.
- Design relationships and constraints and develop monitoring to ensure referential integrity and data validity in production databases
- Manage database code consistency between dev, QA, and production for all regions
- Develop security methodology for handling access rights to DB objects
- Able to gather, understand, and suggest requirements for database usage for core development group, to include databases other than SQL
- Experience with other data systems to be able to offer perspectives on different data solutions for different needs
- Troubleshoot production issues related to data and SQL code
- Work with software developers, quantitative research, app support, and QA on data related development needs
- Provide reporting services that gives required data without impacting production use
- Work with QA to create regression testing of stored procs and any DB code, including performance testing
- Work with DB admins on implementing changes and issues
- At least 5 years of professional experience with Microsoft SQL
- 3+ years of experience with Python development
- Experience with Trading Securities data (futures, options, equities, currencies, corp actions, etc.)
- Experience with other DB technologies (Postgres, Oracle, influx, mongo, etc.)
- Experience in data warehousing a plus
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.