DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Systems Engineer on our Research Infrastructure team, you will work closely with software developers building proprietary apps running in this environment. You will monitor the health and utilization of the environment to detect and prevent problems, ensure high availability for users, and plan future growth to meet needs. There will be system administration and support responsibilities in addition to all of the responsibilities around helping software teams improve their efficiency in deploying custom trading tools to traders.
You’ll be right at home if you:
- Have experience managing cloud platforms like AWS and Azure
- Are passionate about automating enterprise configuration management and deployment infrastructures (version control of configuration, environment-based deployments, migrations, etc.) using tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or Salt
- Are experienced in system administration of clusters of homogenous machines
- Have experience managing servers
- Know your way around multiple scripting languages like Python and Ruby
- Have experience compiling open source applications like Redis, Python, Ruby, etc., including reading and modifying Makefiles
- Experience with OS Packaging tools (like RPM)
- Are familiar with container and orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes
Bonus points if you:
- Are active in the DevOps space. It doesn’t hurt if you speak at conference or have published or contributed to open source projects
- Are familiar with Java
- Have a Computer Science degree or have previous experience working as a software developer
- Experience developing monitors (both system and business-level) for production services