DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Currently, we are recruiting for a Systems & Infrastructure Specialist to join our IT division. We're looking for a highly experienced professional who will be responsible for setting up complex systems worldwide, whose focus is on combining hardware and software products as per DRW internal project specifications. This individual also participates in the implementation, maintenance and support of all networked software and operating systems.
As a Systems & Infrastructure Specialist, you must have excellent problem-solving and problem-identifying skills, be detail oriented and be able to adapt to change and work well under pressure. In addition, the successful candidate must be able to travel on short notice.
- Prepare hardware equipment for remote site deployments
- Responsible for maintaining detailed documentation of all deployed IT assets using an Internal database
- Co-ordinate with technicians in our remote sites to troubleshoot network related issues
- Propose and implement methods of general site improvement
- Install, upgrade, configure and maintain network equipment, servers and Operating Systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and Layer 1 and 2 connectivity problems
- Co-ordinate with Service providers for the installation and activation of new services
- Remotely provide technical support to 3rd party contractors various tasks
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference
- Available for emergency remote troubleshooting afterhours
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a similar role within the data center industry Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science will be consider an asset
- Extensive knowledge in computer networking, troubleshooting and analytical skills in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
- Research and apply advancements in IT to existing system environments
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining various hardware and software platforms and Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience
- Experience contributing to complex global projects in a team environment
- Adept at identifying and solving problems at various levels of internetworked computer systems
- Solid technical knowledge of current network hardware, network management concepts, LAN and WAN networking, Windows and Linux Operating Systems, Virtualization
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Available to travel over 50% of the time in North America and parts of Europe
- Lab testing using oscilloscope, switches and servers
- Programming skills with, but not limited to, Python, SQL
- Scripting and process automation
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.