DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
The Program Manager is responsible for researching, acquiring, testing, developing and deploying new technologies to improve our global technology infrastructure. The role consists of tasks and activities that cover the entire life cycle of solution development, from idea conception, research, project management and relationship building, to the full realization of a new solutions being implemented.
- Research, identify and become a subject matter expert on relevant emerging technologies for DRW
- Establish, evolve and maintain relationships with vendors
- Build and manage project plans, communications and budgets for approval and execution
- Identify required project resources and plan their respective involvement
- Collaborate on contractual agreements
- Understand and resolve technical and logistical challenges throughout the project
- Guide technical evolution of a solution from research to production
- Carry out testing activities to validate solution feasibility
- Maintain active communication with stakeholders to identify and manage potential opportunities with external partners
- Chair meetings and present project updates to stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Previous experience working on wireless communication systems / RF is a strong asset
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Motivated in tackling the challenges that come with working on emerging technologies
- 5+ years of experience in a technical role of a relevant domain is an asset (International exposure is also an asset)
- Strong project management and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience with proposals and pricing for technological projects
- Understanding of legal agreements and contracts
- Resourceful, pragmatic and adaptable to a fast paced environment and evolving priorities
- Proficiency in understanding and discussing engineering and technology concepts
- Ability to establish and nurture business relationships with suppliers across a wide range of topics
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams to achieve project goals
- Ability to proactively carry out tasks independently
- Disciplined and organized in keeping information structured and visible to stakeholders
- Willingness to travel
- English; business level proficiency (multi-lingual is an asset)
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.