DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As an Exchange Technology Specialist, you will become the primary subject matter expert organizing and managing technology details relating to global exchanges that DRW trades. You will be responsible for keeping abreast of all upcoming technical changes at the various global exchanges and assessing potential impact to the various DRW teams trading at those exchanges. You will be responsible for maintaining a global roadmap of key dates and events to keep internal trading teams informed to stay ahead of any major changes or mandatory certification/conformance events. You will also act as a primary liaison working between the firm’s internal technology teams and external global exchanges’ technology teams as necessary to dive into necessary details of exchange implementations and forthcoming changes to help better assess impact and ensure that DRW teams are interfacing with the exchanges in the most optimal manner.
- Maintain roadmap of exchange upgrades / migrations and mandated changes; examples include such events as: BrokerTec migration to CME Globex, Eurex semi-annual upgrades, CBOE C1 Migration to BATS Technology, NYSE Pillar rollout for NYSE Equities markets, etc.
- Maintain repository of exchange documents and special nuances; examples include: Eurex Company ID per Entity/PB, qualifications for 1G vs. 10G connectivity, European HFT registration requirements, Self-Match Prevention, etc.
- Maintain repository of various exchange technology costs: connectivity alternatives and costs, order entry sessions, market data feeds and session fees, etc.
- Create a unified internal repository of all previously mentioned disparate data
- Maintain catalog of colocation and exchange connectivity dependencies for DRW entities and PB/FCM relationships
- Coordinate with exchange technology representatives to obtain additional detailed information about the exchange technology and to coordinate technology "deep dive" sessions as necessary
- Maintain directory of exchange certification test environment details and schedules
- Maintain per-exchange checklist of steps required for new implementations for new desks
- Maintain per-exchange lists of internal stakeholders, which could include groups such as software development leads, business development leads, or trading desk leads
- Analyze exchange communications or specifications and relay key technical details or updates to appropriate internal stakeholders
- Coordinate efforts to ensure readiness of all internal stakeholders for any mandatory changes announced by an exchange
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience working with global equity, futures, and options exchanges technology counterparts
- Familiarity with exchange market data and order entry protocols – both binary and FIX
- Familiarity with various electronic exchange connectivity alternatives
- Familiarity with various global colocation sites and exchanges that are operated at each
- Familiarity with financial instruments and classes of financial instruments at the global equities and derivatives exchanges
- Basic technical understanding of exchange order processing/matching and market data distribution topologies
- Must be very detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills