DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are seeking a Cloud Engineer to deploy, administer, and support a variety of cloud-based and hybrid-cloud services. Members of the Core Infrastructure Services team are dedicated to providing reliable, flexible services which are utilized by the entire firm for many business-critical activities.
- Manage cloud platforms including AWS, Azure,GCP, and Office 365 and the associated on-premises dependencies common in enterprise environments.
- Work with other teams within the organization, educate them and help make the correct decisions around cloud/hybrid/on-prem/SaaS/PaaS/IaaS use cases.
- Perform problem resolutions, root cause analysis, and implement projects to reduce future issues for the above systems and technologies.
- Implement automation and scripting via PowerShell, Python, Terraform, etc to reduce manual tasks, ensure standardization, and provide proactive alerting to get ahead of issues.
- Research, test, and implement new/updated technologies.
- Act as point of escalation to service desk and other teams for more complex issues.
- Be the main point of contact for the cloud providers, engaging with support, and escalating issues to account management teams when required.
- Work with the Security team to implement proper controls and monitoring around cloud usage.
- Collaborate with the Purchasing team to ensure cloud usage is billed appropriately.
- Attend conferences and workshops relevant to current and future initiatives.
- Create standards, templates, and workflows around cloud usage for publication to the firm.
- Document systems and specialized configurations for ease of support within the team.
- 5+ years of experience administering a variety of cloud-based services including AWS. Azure, O365 and GCP. Associated certifications a plus.
- Experience with S3, Glacier, Storage Gateway, Route53, VPC, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, EC2, KMS, Lambda, SNS, VPCs and other AWS services.
- Experience managing Office365/Azure in a hybrid environment.
- Experience with hybrid-cloud environments and related on-premises dependencies (Active Directory, ADFS, Exchange, DNS).
- Solid knowledge of and previous experience using scripting technologies and source control.
- Strong knowledge of network protocols and technologies including cloud connectivity providers.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve production problems while making sensible decisions in times of stress.
- Previous experience working in the financial trading industry a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent documentation and knowledge management skills.
- Proven ability to learn; passion for new technologies.
- Must have strong work ethic and initiative, ability to manage allocation of time.