Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As a Quantitative Trading Analyst Intern, you will gain exposure to the dynamic worlds of trading and technology in order to learn what it takes to become a successful and sustainable trader. Our 10-week summer program is packed with education, responsibility, challenges, problem-solving, excitement and fun.
What you will do in this role…
- Work closely with successful Senior Traders and Partners
- Collaborate with Quantitative Researchers and Software Engineers as you are immersed in DRW’s trading activities, including position tracking, calculating risk and vital theoretical values
- Assist in the development of cutting-edge market research projects using powerful analytic tools
What you bring to the team…
- A bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field graduating between December 2020 and June 2021. Must be in final year of university, eligible for full time employment starting summer 2021.
- Self-motivation, enjoy challenges and significant responsibility, and thrive in fast-paced, competitive environments
- Strong communication skills and work well in teams
- Advanced quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience programming in Python, C, C++, or similar languages
What to expect during the internship…
- Meaningful projects: Upon arrival, you will receive a challenging project to complete during the summer. Each project, advised by a trader, promotes a comprehensive learning experience and provides you with a meaningful work experience.
- Community: Throughout the summer, DRW hosts a variety of educational, social and team-building activities to explore the city, foster friendships and camaraderie.
- Mentorship: You will build a professional relationship with an experienced mentor in your field. Mentors and mentees meet to discuss goals, challenges and professional development as well as explore the city together through fun mentor outings.
- Education: As the trading industry continually evolves, both in terms of new products and transaction methods, the future will present us with unique opportunities and challenges. You will have the opportunity to complete an options course taught by an experienced trader. You will also participate in mock trading sessions where theory meets real‐life experience.
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.