DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our Equity team is looking for a dedicated Junior Equity Trader over a 4-month contract period, with the possibility of full-time employment. You will grow with the team, and be responsible for exploring and executing equity trading strategies through close collaboration with Analysts and other Traders using the latest technology. Furthermore, you will develop a strong understanding of the North American equity market along with its many intricacies.
What you’ll be working on…
- Formulating and executing trade strategies around specific catalysts and events
- Monitoring fundamental, macroeconomic and sector specific news and their impact across various individual equities
- Developing expert-level knowledge of the equities market to cultivate a deeper understanding of the key players and drivers
- Collaborating with research analysts to develop and refine trade strategies
- Assessing risk parameters in order to calibrate and optimize each opportunity
You’ll feel right at home if you…
- Have a strong passion for following and learning about equity markets
- Have excellent reading comprehension and an ability to absorb large amounts of information
- Have an intellectually curious mind and a commitment to learning
- Have a positive, team-focused attitude and strong collaboration skills
- Have a self-starter mentality with a propensity to excel in fast paced environments