DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With approximately 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and eight global offices, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Analysts are key members of the trading team, contributing to the trading process by maintaining, evolving, and/or creating analytical models and tools that increase market understanding and lead to trade opportunity identification and evaluation. Over time, analysts can develop into experts in their market, increasing their contribution by drawing conclusions about market direction and highlighting opportunities for the desk, participating actively in dialogue and challenge around positions. This role is designed for high potential and highly motivated individuals who wish to progress into trading or strategist positions.
The Analyst will work closely with experienced traders and strategists to:
- Maintain and enhance fundamental and participant models such as supply/demand balances, trade flow incentives, and refinery margins.
- Lever technical and critical thinking skills to develop, automate and document analytical tools, using data to identify, validate, and/or challenge views about the market and trade opportunity.
- Communicate relevant news, market events, and model output to appropriate traders, analysts, and management team.
- Develop an understanding of the factors that drive price action in the crude oil and/or refined products and related markets.
- Build relationships with external vendors and market participants to lever their expertise and available data sources
Analysts must be intrinsically motivated individuals with proven analytical/technical capability, the aptitude for working and communicating effectively in a fast-paced team environment with a drive to learn and succeed in the field.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical field such as Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics
- Excel proficiency
- Python familiarity
2+ years relevant work experience