DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our NX team is looking for a passionate, innovative Data Scientist to lead a functional team that will work on critical networking projects and grow the team to become an international center of excellence, supporting DRW various needs in data science.
What you'll be working on...
- Developing core algorithms and models to enhance network design, operation, optimization and monitoring
- Work closely with subject matter experts in other teams to develop and continuously improve models, and help translate business needs into data science projects
- Being a leading Machine Learning authority; staying at the forefront of the newest technologies, prototypes, and being proactive in Machine Learning communities
- Provide mentorship to your peers
You'll feel right at home if you...
- Have 3-5 years of applied experience in data science
- Have experience in various machine learning use cases, such as, time series analysis, regression and classification
- Have the agile mindset; delivering value iteratively
- Have expert understanding of machine learning techniques; knowledge of tools and packages such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras, Scikit-Learn, XGBoost, Matplotlib.
- Have good knowledge of deep learning and more traditional machine learning algorithms
- Have the ability to build, validate, deploy and monitor alliteratively advanced predictive models
- Have excellent scripting and programming skills (such as Python, SQL)
- Have experience in conducting Machine Learning projects
- Have a positive, team-focused attitude and strong collaboration skills
- Have excellent written and communication skills to present complete and cohesive findings
- Have the ability to produce clear, logical and convincing arguments and explain complex ideas simply