DRW is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – growing to include real estate, cryptocurrencies, venture capital and several industry acquisitions. With more than 800 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve interesting problems and capture opportunities. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.
Our Global Data Dynamics team is looking for a passionate, innovative senior data scientist to spearhead the efforts of implementing different products and models by using machine learning and NLP techniques. The main objective is to understand, analyze and extract useful and meaningful information from market moving news
What you’ll be working on:
- Conducting cutting edge research to develop, implement, and perfect NLP algorithms for text/language/speech processing and sentiment analysis.
- Applying quantitative techniques to large datasets to obtain actionable insights and execute on them in real time.
- Be the senior technical lead of a team to lead junior data scientists and machine learning engineers working on various projects.
- Coach and mentor team members from a technical perspective.
What is needed for this role:
- Expertise in natural language processing and machine learning, such as classification, feature engineering, information extraction, structured prediction, sentiment analysis.
- Fully understand different neural networks (LSTM, CNN, RNN, seq2seq, BERT etc.), and different word embedding models.
- Have 5+ years of applied experience in ML and NLP
- Have expert understanding of machine learning, deep learning and data mining techniques; knowledge of packages such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras, Scikit Learn, NumPy and Pandas
- Have excellent scripting and programming skills (Python, R, SQL)
- Have experience in conducting ML/NLP projects
- Have a positive, team-focused attitude and strong collaboration skills
- Have excellent written and communication skills to present complete and cohesive findings
- Have the ability to produce clear, logical and convincing arguments and explain complex ideas simply
- Graduate degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics etc.)
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.