DRW is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – growing to include real estate, cryptocurrencies, venture capital and several industry acquisitions. With more than 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve interesting problems and capture opportunities. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.
We are looking for passionate, and innovative senior data scientists who will spearhead the efforts of building one-of-a-kind algorithms that will revolutionize our evolving trading strategies in a growth-oriented environment that champions disruptiveness, and embraces challenges on the way to success.
What you’ll be working on:
- Conducting cutting edge research to develop, implement, and perfect NLP algorithms (NLU, NLG) for text/language/speech processing, understanding, summarizing, and sentiment analysis.
- Applying quantitative techniques to large datasets to obtain actionable insights and execute on them in real time with immediate feedback
- Striving to reach ambitious quantifiable long-term goals, while presenting intermediate achievements
- Staying at the forefront of the newest technologies, prototypes, and being proactive in ML communities
- Coach and mentor team members from a technical perspective.
What is needed for this role:
- Expertise in natural language processing (NLP with NLU), machine learning, deep learning, features engineering, and information extraction from unstructured data.
- Strong knowledge of different deep neural networks architectures (RNN, CNN, GAN, …) with expertise in modeling state-of-the-art seq2seq/Transformers architectures (LSTM) for machine-translation, text summarization, sentences paraphrasing, and time series.
- Expert understanding of data mining techniques, and experience in using well-known frameworks and packages such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras, Scikit Learn, NumPy and Pandas.
- Expertise with state-of-the-art NLP packages (such as spaCy), open embeddings, transfer learning models and projects (such as BERT, RoBERTa, DistilBERT, GPT-2, XLNet, sentence-transformers, spacy-transformers / transformers) as well as interpretability techniques.
- Excellent function-oriented, and object-oriented programming skills, especially in Python, and nice to have working experience in Spark, in R, and in SQL and NoSQL DBs and scripting languages.
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity, critical thinking, and innate problem-solving skills with a strong desire to learn, innovate, and continuously challenge yourself.
- A positive, team-focused, results-oriented attitude, and strong collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present complex, and cohesive findings in a logical and convincing manner
- 5+ years’ experience in conducting ML/NLP projects, and have the ability to build, validate, deploy and monitor iteratively advanced online predictive models
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.