DRW is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – growing to include real estate, cryptocurrencies, venture capital and several industry acquisitions. With more than 800 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve interesting problems and capture opportunities. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you’ll meet.
Our Global Data Dynamics team is looking for Software Developers – Data Specialist to significantly expand our team AI acceleration. The main objective of the expansion is to extract useful and meaningful information from market moving news. As a developer, you will need to have good programming skills, strong understanding of data science process and experience with different Machine Learning tools.
What you'll be working on:
- Build tools and frameworks to help data scientists work more efficiently
- Collect and analyze data from different sources and perform data collection/annotation
- Design, build, deploy and maintain ML data pipelines.
- Collaborate closely with other teams to build scalable ML solutions.
What is needed for this role:
- Passionate about data
- Excellent programming and scripting skills (Python, Perl, Bash etc.)
- Extensive knowledge on databases
- Hands-on experience with data collecting and processing
- Familiar with text/string manipulation and Regex
- Good understanding of various machine learning technologies; have experiences with data science and machine learning libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, Scikit Learn
- Detail oriented, care about data accuracy and quality
- Have a positive, team-focused attitude and strong collaboration skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to present complex results in a complete and comprehensive way
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field