DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are currently hiring a Data Analyst to join our Data Acquisition team, working in close collaboration with our Trading Strategy group. Candidates must have a passion for data and its dissemination, and the ability to think both independently and collaboratively. They will assist in the preparation of data collection strategies by collecting and processing data from a variety of sources.
Candidates must be comfortable working within a fast-paced, and at times highly demanding environment. They must possess a keen sense of enthusiasm and attention to detail, as well as a sense of commitment and dedication to both teams.
You’ll feel right at home if you:
- Have exceptional attention to detail and data gathering skills
- Are able to balance several time sensitive requests
- Are able to learn and adapt to proprietary tools and database systems
- Have an interest in learning about global markets and equities, and how information is disseminated therein
- Are resourceful at searching for detailed information
- Have effective communication skills (oral and written) in English
- Are willing to learn and adapt to a quickly-changing environment
- Have completed a Bachelor’s degree in a related field - economics, finance, commerce, Information Technology or computer science
- Have knowledge of Bloomberg and Reuters Eikon terminals (considered a bonus)
- Basic knowledge of automation using python (considered a bonus)
What you’ll be working on:
- Preparing and deploying configurations of data collection strategies for use by analysts and traders
- Collaborating with the research and trading teams in both pre- and post- trade analysis to prepare detailed reports and investigations
- Operate proprietary tools and systems and troubleshoot issues in real-time
- Collaborating with different teams to design and maintain state-of-the-art operations platforms
- Designing proprietary process automation and monitoring tools and leveraging third-party technologies as appropriate
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.