DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are currently seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to provide comprehensive executive support services with a high degree of confidentiality, discretion and judgment to our Managing Director.
What you will be working on:
- Ensure that the Director has all necessary information for meetings (i.e. synthesize and prepare relevant documentation, coordinate agenda items) by compiling and proactively following up with meeting contacts.
- Review incoming email; using judgment to assess urgency, to provide standard reply and escalate as required.
- Anticipate issues and initiate appropriate action to ensure the most effective use of the Directors time.
- Provide day-to-day executive administration support including email monitoring, drafting communication, filing, invoices, bills, tax documents, holdco support, preparing of presentations, etc.
- Maintain records of incoming and outgoing correspondence and materials
- Personal and professional travel arrangements including research, flights and accommodation
You will feel right at home if:
- You are proactive, collaborative, detail-oriented, highly organized and can effectively prioritize and manage competing tasks and requests.
- You pride yourself on your tact and diplomacy, with your ability to use discretion, strong judgement and maintain confidentiality.
- You have fantastic communication skills and experience communicating at all levels of the organization, particularly with senior executives.
- You are an exemplary representative of the leaders you are supporting.
- You are known for being hard working, persistent and determined. You love helping others stay organized and being a "right hand."
- You have a strong understanding of the business and will use this to help prioritize tasks and requests and initiate appropriate actions to ensure an effective use of the directors’ time.
- You like to ‘problem solve’ and welcome developing solutions to different problems that might arise.
- You are able to manage personal administrative tasks as required by the Director in order to ensure that he is able to focus on important tasks at hand
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an executive support function
- Excellent English and French language skills both verbally & written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills with a high comfort level in dealing with senior management, directors and individuals at all levels, including external vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas orally and in writing. Strong writing and editing skills.
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, be proactive and initiate action confidently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage work and projects with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High level of professionalism, good judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential situations.
- Analytical, research, problem solving, decision-making and conflict resolution skills.
- Tech-savvy, comfortable dealing with technology issues and proactive in finding ways to improve efficiency with available tools and resources
- Bonus points if you have experience working with Project Management tools (e.g., JIRA or Wrike)For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.