DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 26 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is looking for a Microwave Tower Technician in the Chicago, IL area to support our internally managed wireless networks. This position would involve local travel only (in the Chicago area). This position will challenge you to provide quick and consistent responses to network needs while working with some of the smartest people in the financial industry. Experience with millimeter wave installations including path alignments and troubleshooting is strongly preferred. This role may include downtime in the office, and additional responsibilities may include assistance with lab testing, path design, equipment configuration and testing, and planning with stakeholders. We are looking for candidates who want to expand their skills beyond climbing and spend some time in an office environment helping to optimize our solutions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform work on towers and rooftops including line and antenna installation, grounding/electrical tasks, path alignments and troubleshooting
- Respond quickly and effectively to resolve all trouble tickets, following applicable policies and standards within established time frames
- Keep team lead well-informed about operational and maintenance issues associated with sites, suggesting improvements to standards as needed
- Assist in project budgeting and schedule estimating, internally and with external contractors and vendors
- Safely operate all supporting equipment, including vehicles and rigging tools
- Contribute to keeping site documentation up to date
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role climbing and working on microwave technology
- Must be capable of working and being on-call on extended working hours, including evenings and weekends
- All industry required certifications to climb, install equipment on and maintain all sites and towers forming the network
- Experience with path alignment and troubleshooting of millimeter wave links
- Experience with spectrum analyzers, bit error rate testers
- Experience with electrical work, including grounding, breaker installation, power cabling and conduit work following normal safety protocols
- Comfortable with computers and productivity applications (documents, spreadsheets, email, chat, presentations)
- Valid US driver’s license
- Responsibility to keep all required training/certifications up to date
- Scripting and programming skills a plus
- CPR/Basic First Aid training required
- OSHA 10 minimum, OSHA 30 a plus
Personal Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be able to maintain clean, safe and orderly working environments
- Must be able to problem solve, think on the fly, and shift between priorities to minimize downtime
- Must be able to strongly enforce safety procedures and policies
- Professional team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and proactive, able to work both independently and collaboratively
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.