DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our Fixed Income Currencies and Commodities (FICC) Options group is looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer with an expertise in Java to join a team of highly talented technologists tasked with building a proprietary options trading platform. Your role will focus on all areas of software engineering, including design, development, implementation, testing and post-trade analysis while using the latest technologies and low latency techniques.
What is needed for this role:
- 5+ years of experience using Java or C++ on Linux in the trading industry, or a similarly demanding field
- 2+ years of experience developing options trading software
- Expertise in network and concurrent programming involving low latency and high message rates
- Expertise in JVM selection and performance tuning
- Expertise in data analysis
- Ability to operate in multiple language domains, including Java, C++ and Python
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field from a top university
Bonus points for:
- Experience with complex systems or distributed programming
- Contributions to open source projects in a challenging field
- Strong understanding of hardware/software interaction
- Demonstrated interest in keeping up with new developments in programming languages and other relevant technologies