DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It is a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
The Fixed Income Currency and Commodities (FICC) Options team at DRW applies tools from a variety of disciplines including statistics, control theory, machine learning, optimization, and signal processing to trade and risk manage several options trading books. Our team collaborates on technology needs, idea generation, signal development, and risk management approaches. The team is looking for a Technical Lead to help manage the growing tech stack. The role would report directly to the Head of Systematic Trading and would be responsible for coordinating production software efforts across all products traded in the group.
What you will do in this role:
- Manage software engineering staff supporting options trading, including:
- trading platform
- data infrastructure
- risk management systems
- Prioritize and project manage technology projects
- Identify inefficiencies in technology stack and suggest improvements
- Coordinate with other teams across the firm to provide solutions utilizing partner technology stacks
- Explore new technologies and designs that can be used to improve technology stack
- Supervise QA, uptime, documentation, and other support for options trading infrastructure
What is needed for this role:
- Experience leading a front office trading technology team
- Experience in handling large data and high throughput data systems
- Significant hands-on experience with programming a trading system using Java or C++
- Excellent communication skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.