DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is looking for an exceptional Network Architect to join our team in London. In this role, you’ll design and optimize high performance low latency wireless networks while actively participating in all life cycle related activities.
This is what you’ll do:
- Design and optimize low latency / high performance, reliable wireless networks
- Participate in the process to efficiently and effectively acquire necessary sites, frequencies and permits and other approvals
- Travel globally to our various sites as to gain and then incorporate knowledge of our sites, links and overall geography
- Establish ownership of and manage projects critical to the organization
- Support implementation and operation activities as needed
- Engage, oversee and work with external resources when necessary
- Stay current with existing, emerging and evolving technologies and when appropriate, make recommendations as to how we may best harness a new technology or idea.
- Participate in the creation of the team’s roadmap
This is what you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or a similar degree
- Proven track record with hands on experience in the design, optimization, implementation and troubleshooting of wireless networks
- A strong technical background in telecommunications networks.
- Proficient in planning tools such as Pathloss 5 or equivalent
- Strong project management skills
- A pragmatic and flexible mindset in order to succeed in an ever-changing and dynamic environment
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Ability to proactively carry out tasks independently
- Ability to speak French or German in addition to English
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams to achieve project goals
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel, at times globally.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.