DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Database Application Developer on the the Global Solutions Services (GSS) software team, you will work closely with our Senior Database Application Developer on the design, implementation, deployment and support of database driven mission-critical applications, serving various stakeholders within the DRW network (NX) team.
What you’ll be working on:
- Participating in all stages of the development life-cycle including, but not limited to, requirements gathering and development, system functional specifications and design, implementation, testing and post-implementation support
- Maintain existing and develop new applications, including the database schema, backend and frontend layers
- Creating, maintaining and deploying database objects such as tables, indexes, views, queries, triggers, stored procedures and functions
- Coordinating with database administration (DBA) team for database provisioning, migration, data synchronization and performance related issues
What is needed for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software or Computer Engineering or related field
- At least 3 years of experience working in a similar role
- Experience with databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL or InFluxDB
- Experience with some of the following languages: C#, Python, Go, Node.JS, Ruby, TSQL or PL/SQL
- Experience in Web MVC development
- Experience with Oracle Apex application development is an asset
- Experience with database modeling and design based on user requirements
- Knowledge of ETL
- Experience with triggers, stored procedures and script performance tuning of complex SQL systems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and changing priorities
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Ability to proactively carry out tasks independently
- Ability to maintain focus while working under pressure, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.