DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are currently recruiting for an interesting and challenging role to join our internal Business team. We are looking for an intern who will be helping to improve our contract data quality and contract tracking. The position is designed as an internship or entry-level position for motivated and detail oriented professionals that are excited to work in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be working on:
- Establishing business requirements for external services consumed within the company
- Managing a large portfolio of contracts to ensure their details are accurately tracked and processed from start to finish
- Maintaining an accurate database where all contract details can be found and reported on
- Verifying invoicing as per the contractual agreement
- Effectively managing multiple projects and responsibilities
- Liaising with suppliers and vendors for market awareness and to resolve invoicing issues
- Documenting structure and procedures for business processes to use within the team
- Ensuring contracts, commitments and assets are current and in an efficient state and paid for by the correct internal cost center
- Analyzing and proactively identifying areas of improvement in our vendor accounts, databases and workflows
- By using process and communication, ensuring all products and services are effectively acquired and properly used by internal teams
- Instructing contract managers on updates and developments
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks
You'll feel right at home if you...
- Would like to get your career started in an exciting business with a lot of interesting challenges
- Have superior analytical and problem solving skills paired with diligence and high attention to detail
- Have solid organizational skills and actively take initiative
- Are innovative, creative and resourceful
- Have excellent communication skills when interfacing with both internal and external resources
- Are reliable, dedicated and a team player
- Prioritize and execute tasks well in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discrete manner