DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a part of the Network Engineering team, the Network Specialist (ISP) is an experienced professional that focuses on the research, analysis, configuration, development, operation and maintenance of a high performance network infrastructure.
You'll feel right at home if you:
- Are curious and passionate about technology
- Have an ability to solve problems creatively
- Are self-motivated, conscientious and hardworking
- Have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Telecommunication, Computer Science or equivalent
- Have a minimum of three years of proven network and security experience in large networks
- Have CCNP, CCSP, CCIE, NSE, JNCIP-ENT or equivalent certificate(s)
- Have exhaustive knowledge in Switches, Routers, Fortigate firewalls, ISE, IPS/IDS, Web servers and Linux
- Have solid knowledge of cloud network infrastructure and internet
- Have extensive experience in network automation using Python3
- Have interest in and ability to learn new emerging technologies as needed
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Are a strong team player
- Have a willingness to participate in an on-call rotation schedule
- Are able to apply both industry standards and out-of-the-box solutions when necessary
What you’ll be working on:
- Analyzing and researching internet and cloud infrastructures and technologies
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, designing and implementing network architectures and topologies
- Configuring, operating and recommending improvements to network and security infrastructure
- Working closely with other operations teams to establish business requirements to design and maintain cutting edge systems with a focus on web technologies
- Monitoring and ensuring the network is in a high performance state
- Ensuring best industrial network security practices are implemented by auditing designs and configurations of routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, ISE and monitoring solutions
- Supporting the configuration, installation and testing of equipment, including custom hardware platforms by field technicians
- Escalating critical incidents as necessary while keeping stakeholders informed
- Working with external vendors and service providers to develop, evaluate and integrate technology enhancements and new functionalities
- Testing new design protocols in a dedicated lab environment
- Following incident and change management processes
- Many interesting new projects, which involve in-depth knowledge of computer science, network protocols, technologies, scientific research, innovative thinking and more!
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.