DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Trade Support Engineer in our London office, you’ll have an opportunity to employ your extensive skills while helping solve complex technical problems. You’ll work closely with trading, infrastructure and software development teams to provide smooth support for our technology. We’ll ask you to communicate directly with exchanges, clearing members, and ISV’s to iron out any problems that arise. When it comes to new tech, you’ll research and evaluate new solutions to ensure we’re pushing innovative ideas to our traders and software developers. And most importantly, you’ll mentor and help raise the skills and abilities of those around you.
You will be right at home if you:
- Have experience deploying and supporting infrastructure that host applications on both Linux and Windows platforms
- Have previous Unix administration experience and have worked with deployment tools such as Ansible
- Have exposure to VCS, particularly Git/Github
- Have a solid understanding of network basics (routing and switching, multicast, DCHP, DNS, OSI)
- Have demonstrated scripting abilities (Python, Bash, Powershell)
- Are someone who thrives in high-pressure situations while working alongside traders, developers and other engineering teams
- Are tenacious in solving complex technical problems when others would have long ago waved a white flag
- Are passionate about high quality work and relentlessly pursue continuous improvement
- Are good with people, explaining complex problems in a non-“techie” way for others to understand, both in writing and verbally
- Actively pursue personal and professional growth by learning new things
What you’ll be working on:
- Deploying and supporting Linux, Windows and Mac OS
- Configuring, deploying and updating Linux servers.
- Superior troubleshooting skills with respect to trading systems and their interaction with the Linux operating system and network communications
- Deploying and supporting IOS and Android mobile devices
- Maintaining the health and availability of a world class trading eco-system
- Liaising with external trading partners, such as financial exchanges and clearing firms, to resolve technical problems
- Collaborating with stakeholders and other technical services teams to plan and deliver new trading technology and systems
- Responding to support requests from our traders and software engineers
- Advancing our automation and monitoring practices specific to our needs in that region of the world
- Improving our support tools and processes
- Leading many of the team’s projects, such as data center system deployments and new trade on-boarding
- Testing out new tech and exploring innovative ideas to enhance our employee’s use of technology
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.