DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are looking for a Risk Analyst to be a part of the global risk management team. This team operates closely with our trading and technology teams to manage the risks inherent in trading a diverse set of strategies across a variety of asset classes. We are looking for someone with a critical, quantitative and proactive approach. It will be your responsibility to support risk analysis and development projects, along with developing an understanding of risk at various levels of aggregation. You will work closely with the risk development team, monitoring and enhancing risk management’s tools and reporting infrastructure. To excel in this role, you will use your experiences and your analytical skills to add value.
As a Risk Analyst, you will assist in managing the day-to-day risk including monitoring and analyzing market, credit, operational and liquidity risks.
- Assist in the development of tools and frameworks used in the risk evaluation of our portfolios
- Focus on collaborative effort to develop scalable/re-usable risk based analysis that can be leveraged by others within and outside the risk management function
- Master knowledge of instrument-level risk calculations and our proprietary analytics
- Build strong understanding of our businesses, the risk technology stack, and the instruments and trading strategies employed
- Develop individual opinions on the risk profiles of various trades
- Perform risk analysis using our internal database and other quantitative risk tools
- Understand portfolio exposures in detail and monitor for risk exposures outside of defined parameters
- Effectively partner with risk management development analysts, front office personnel and other developers at the firm to improve our overall toolkit and processes
Required Job Skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a STEM field (e.g., math, computer science, statistics)
- 2-5 years of experience with exchange or OTC traded products
- Experience with Python, R, VBA or database tools (e.g., SQL)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, attention to detail and a high degree of self-direction
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Ability to adapt to change and work well in a fast paced environment